So I’ve been nominated by Hello Wonders a few days ago for the Liebster blog award! Her blog is also wonderful and amazing; she writes about her monthly goals, food, music playlists, and everything in between. She’s done a great job with her blog!
So here are the rules for the Liebster Blog Award:
1. Link back to the person that nominated you
2. Answer the questions asked by the nominator
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees
5. Notify all nominees on their blogs and/or social media
Here are my answers:
- What blogging means to you?
Blogging is a creative way to express myself. I love how I’m not limited to a medium, whether that’s text, photography, videos – I have a lot of things to work with when blogging. It’s also just been an outlet for me to share my thoughts and personal entries with friends and strangers who can easily become friends. I’ve been blogging for years, but this is really my first public blog.
- What’s your favorite movie?
Tough question. Maybe Perks of Being a Wallflower. I’ve watched a lot of good movies and I like comedies, thrillers, artsy, and coming of age movies. That movie really got me though. I hadn’t even realized I had tears in my eyes throughout it – the reactions that I had were so natural.
- What makes you happy?
Being with the people I love. Eating a really good piece of chocolate. Listening to Christian music. I don’t know, lately, trying to find what makes me happy and trying to distinguish what’s harmful from what’s good for me has been really difficult. But usually, just being able to be with people who I know accept me – at least, in that moment – makes me joyful.
- If you could do anything, what would you do?
Relieve my parent’s burdens. There’s a lot that I could answer this question with, but I think it would help me too if I could just relieve or alleviate their stress. It’s amazing how much they’ve given up for me, and I want them to be happy and not so stressed out all the time.
- What do you think the world needs the most?
- What is your biggest regret?
I try to live life with no regrets (as cliché as it sounds). If I do have regrets, I try to forget them right away. And honestly, even if I’m going through the toughest things because of my decisions, would I really have it any other way? People make mistakes in life, but that’s what makes them individuals and unique. We make different mistakes and that’s what makes our lives so valuable and worth living. And that’s why we have stories worth listening to and discovering.
- What is your talent?
I can make a pretty good grilled cheese even though I dislike cheese. I think that’s a pretty good talent to have.
- What is the most important thing in life?
Jesus again. Because His name includes everything else that’s important as well: love, forgiveness, acceptance, redemption.
- If you could meet someone famous, who would it be?
J. D. Salinger. Though all my admiration for him as a writer may die if I ever did meet this hermit. Or maybe someone from Hillsong United. They’d be pretty awesome to meet and hear stories from.
- What’s your biggest fear?
So I used to think maybe my biggest fear was the fear of being forgotten, but I’ve found that it’s far from the case. My biggest fear is the fear of being alone – forever. Of never finding anyone who will accept you for who you are and who is willing to grow with your mistakes and trials. It’s funny because I’m an introvert who usually loves being alone, but I never really realized how internalized this fear has become or has always been. I am so honestly terrified of this reality even though I know it will never be true.
- Okay, this is an even more serious and deep question: batman or superman?
Batman because unfortunately I’ve never seen a superman movie before. Batman in a pink ballerina costume is so so cute.
- What is love to you?
- What is your story?
- What’s your favorite quote?
- If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be?
- Underwater exploring or space navigating?
- Where do you think you’ll be in the next five years?
- Who or what’s your life’s inspiration?
- What’s your favorite pastime?
- What’s your spirit animal?
- What’s your life worth living for?
- Best advice you’ve ever received.
I nominate: The Curiosity, Loving With a Distance, Relevant Ranting, Peonies and Tea Leaves, Mostly Useful Musings, Master of None, Chronicles of a Kid Next Door, Nelly Sum, Rollercoasters in Love, Sonam Naidu, and Totally Inspired Mind.